Being that this is my first Thursday 13, well, my first post, period, I thought I would give you 13 trivial facts about me!
1. I have 3 kids. I left them at the kiddie pool so you won't be hearing me talk about them here. I gush about them at my other blog.
2. I am embarrassed to admit this, but I have a Beastie Boys song on my mp3 player. It is purely a nostalgia thing from high school. Whenever my Ag group would go to any contest, Chuck and Doug always supplied the music. There were always two givens. The Beastie Boys and The Eagles.
3. My husband used to have a bad habit of staying up really late and buying things off of infomercials. Once he bought this stuff called Bleaussant (I don't know if that is the correct spelling) which was a "natural breast enhancement product". I found this comical for two reasons. 1) Who buys that crap? and 2) I was already a size 34DD. Anyway, I sent it back and we got a refund (no I didn't take any of them). About 6 months later we started receiving checks from the Federal Trade Commission for a settlement from this product. I think we ended up getting 4 or 5 checks from them!
4. I would love to travel but I do not like to fly. The last time I flew, I was a nervous wreck even after $30 worth of beer!
5. I am completely addicted to Mexican food. After we moved out of Austin, I was looking for a good Mexican food restaurant and my aunt told me about this one place "that has the BEST Mexican food you could ever eat". So, we went to check it out. I was so excited about going only to be completely disappointed by the worst food I had ever eaten. Seriously, I took 2 bites of it and we left. We didn't take my aunts advice for restaurants again until 10 years later. True to form, "the best catfish ever" was mediocre at best.
6. One of my aunts dated Stevie Ray Vaughn and she was obsessed with his music. When she passed away, my sister and I decided that we would spread her ashes around his statue at Town Lake in Austin. Well, we didn't get up as early as we had hoped and made it down there about 10:30 on a Sunday morning. Well, if you have been to Town Lake at 10:30 on a Sunday morning in June, you know that if you aren't careful you are likely to be plowed down by a runner or someone pushing one of those three wheeled strollers. We tried to fit in as best as two definite non-runners carrying a Styrofoam cup of human ashes can. After wondering around for a while trying to find a discreet place to complete our mission, we finally found a place to spread them and not be seen. Right under the bridge. Where many a homeless person has laid down for the night.
7. I have only been under general anesthesia one time and that was just a little over a month ago. I woke up asking the anesthesiologist how he wanted is eggs. I can't imagine what I must have been dreaming if I was going to make him breakfast. He was cute, though!
8. I used to ride and show horses a lot. As a matter of fact, I was a riding instructor for The University of Texas informal classes for a couple of years. I don't get to ride very often anymore because the Blogaritaville kiddie pool is only open while blogging.
9. I have way too many animals living in my house. As a matter of fact, there are more animals than people. Note to self: Learn to say "No" to the kids.
10. When I was kid, my parents used to "work" at the Austin Aqua Festival (this was way before the ACL Music Festival or even SXSW) every year. I put work in quotation marks because really all they did was fill the beer coolers and sit backstage with the musicians. I spent many an hour down there with them. I think this is where I got my love for live music.
11. Hate me if you will, but I don't care for sweets. Even at the holidays, I can pass by the desert table and not even bat an eye. Every once in a while (like every two or three months) I get a hankering for something sweet but the void can be filled by either just baking something or eating one cookie.
12. I really like gardening but only when it is not blazing hot. Being that I live in Texas, this means that I garden in March and April and then let everything die until October; just in time for it to be too cold.
13. I am extremely prone to road rage. Once, while still living in Austin, I chased someone down to flip him the bird. I guess the fact that I was in a company car completely slipped my mind. Later that afternoon, I got called into my bosses office because the guy I flipped off called him. Luckily, he just laughed and told me not to do it again because next time the other guy might just have a gun.
Fascinating, I know. You can wake up now.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants